VISWANATHAN ANAND vs JOEL LAUTIER – Biel Credit Suisse (1997)
An iconic game is the match between Anand and Lautier played at the Biel Credit Suisse in 1997.
This game features the Scandinavian opening with the famous bishop g6 and a queen sacrifice “not accepted” that would have led to checkmate!
Anand laughs at the Scandinavian and demolishes Lautier in an epic match!
This is the game that put Anand on the map of the greatest chess players ever.
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!