What are the best chess games EVER?
A frequent question asked by many chess fans is: can you list the best chess games ever?
In this section we will try to post all the greatest (and favourite, why not) games ever played and the best ones played recently.
We will start from 2020 with a favorite of mine, not necessarily one of the best games ever but surely one of the most exciting ones during this COVID pandemic.
HIKARU NAKAMURA vs MAGNUS CARLSEN – MAGNUS CARLSEN CHESS TOUR FINALS, Armageddon
This is one of the greatest matches of 2020 for sure, I mean, this game completes the Magnus Tour in the most exciting and breathtaking way.
We reach Armageddon and Nakamura has to win otherwise Magnus will be the champion.
Magnus who did not use to believe in fortress, now he draws the game by set up a beatiful cage where he can just move the pieces quickly enough to not lose on time.
This is not the best game in terms of quality but for the emotional side of it.
The game is below:
At the end of the page, you find all the chess games that we already covered and we will keep updating the sections with more games.
- 2 players on a knife edge
- Greatest queen sacrifice of 2020
- 2021 begins with a queen sac!
- Supreme positional understanding!
- How to become GM with style!
- The smooth game
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!
- Morphy’s Immortal Game
- The Immortal Sacrifice game
- A game or a puzzle?
- Castling is important!
- Prime Fischer
- The Immortal Zugzwang
- Great double bishop sac!
- Perfect positional queen sac!
- Nakamura Style!
- Zukertort’s Immortal
- Smyslov’s Immortal
- Tricks for KIDs, good lord!
- Best defense Euwe
- The Evergreen Game
- The rise of Chinese chess
- Karpov’s Immortal
- Tal’s Immortal
- Master of the Endgame
- The Battle of Hastings
- Queen sac? No problem, I need only 1 pawn
- The Opera Game
- The Brisbane Bombshell
- The Gold Coin Game
- Rubinstein’s Immortal
- Nezhmetdinov’s Immortal
- How to destroy the kingside
- Anand’s Immortal
- The GOAT chess move?
- Kasparov’s Immortal!
- Anand laughs at the Scandinavian too!
- The “Windmill” Game of the Century!
- What a King March!
What you wanna do now?