DRAGOLJUB VELIMIROVIC vs LJUBOMIR LJUBOJEVIC- YUG-ch, 1972
Another gem from the past is given by the so-called “Yugoslav Tal” namely Velimirovic.
Today we present you the game between Velimirovic and Ljubojevic played at the YUG-ch in 1972.
The opening is the Sicilian Defense: Najdorf Variation. Main Line.
This game shows why castling is important in the sicilian defense.
On move 12, White notices that Black has not castled and offers a knight which is declined. Still, on move 14, White sacrifices the rook to open Black’s defense completely and start a fierce attack. Velimirovic exploits the lack of defense for Ljubojevic’s king and make him resign on move 27!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!
- Chess analysis #8: punishing mistakes like an engine!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (36)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)