RAYMOND KEENE vs ANTHONY MILES – Hastings (1975/76), round 13, 1976
Everybody Loves Raymond: we take the title of a famous sitcom to show you one of the greatest games of all time.
Today we present you the game between Keene and Miles played at Hastings in 1976.
The opening is the Queen’s Gambit Declined: Semi-Tarrasch Defense.
The mayhem starts on move 16 with Keene playing bishop h6 to cover the dark squares and asking some questions as Miles cannot exchange it. Then, Black fails to find the correct move namely knight b4 to c6 instead develops the rook to e8.
As incredible as it seems, it is already OVER!
Keene sacrifices a knight and a bishop to tear Black’s defense apart and set up a mating net. The game finishes with a checkmate on move 26: this is just chess slaughtering!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (41)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)