EMMANUEL LASKER vs JOHANN HERMANN BAUER – Amsterdam, 1889
We should include at least another game from the 27 year World Champion Lasker.
We present you the game between Lasker and Bauer played in Amsterdam in 1889.
This is a very instructive game on how the bishop pair can cause a lot of a problems when it is fully coordinated with the other pieces.
On move 14, Lasker offers the exchange of knight setting up a trap and Bauer fell into it by allowing the exchange. Lasker executes a deadly combination by sacrificing both bishops to tear Black’s kingside apart. The rooks join the attack and for Black there is no defense anymore.
Very educational double bishop sac on how to coordinate your pieces and execute an attack!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (37)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)