DANIIL DUBOV vs SERGEY KARJAKIN – Russian Championship Superfinal (round 11), 2020
Today we will cover one of the best games of 2020 that features a brillian queen sacrifice.
We present you the game between Dubov and Karjakin played at the Russian Championship Superfinal in 2020.
The opening is the Italian Game: Classical Variation.
In this game, Karjakin plays a seemingly good move 15.a4…but from that moment Dubov’s attacking festival begins with the bishop pair, a passed pawn on d6 and a spectacular queen sacrifice.
After the queen sac, the position is not totally lost for black but at a practical level, Karjakin is not able to find the best moves and Dubov creates a mating net.
We believe this game features the greatest queen sacrifice of 2020!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!