GARRY KASPAROV vs VESELIN TOPALOV – Wijk aan Zee 1999
One of the best chess games ever played is the match between Kasparov and Topalov played at the 61st Annual Hoogovens Chess Tournament in 1999.
This game features the Pirc defense but the games followed an unexpected path.
Kasparov sacrificed a rook to gain the advantage and then “blunders” the game with Qc3 according to the engine..but then the game becomes a show and a masterclass of creativity and precision!
This is Kasparov’s Immortal!
You can find the game below:
It is considered by many experts to be the best chess match ever!
What do you think? Please comment in the section below!
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!
- Chess analysis #8: punishing mistakes like an engine!