JOSE RAUL CAPABLANCA vs SAVIELLY TARTAKOWER – New York, 1924
Capablanca, ohhhh Capablanca, one of the greatest chess players ever and we cannot leave him out from the best chess games ever series.
We present you the game between Capablanca and Tartakower from 1924.
The opening played is the Horwitz defense.
In this game, Capablanca shows an understanding of the endgame beyond any imagination. Please consider that this game was played in 1924 without engines! Tartakower fails with a Knight jump to f5 and Capablanca converts it, truly a master of the endgame!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!