LEV POLUGAEVSKY vs RASHID NEZHMETDINOV – Sochi Tournament 1958
There is one chess player that never reached the top players in terms of victories but he is considered one of the greatest (attacking) players ever: his name is Nezhmetdinov.
Today, we cover the match between Polugaesvky and Nezhmetdinov played at a tournament in Sochi in 1958 . This is considered the best chess game ever played by Nezh.
This game features the Old Indian Defense.
During the game, white’s king goes for a nice walk up to the middle of the board as all black’s pieces are fully activated to threaten checkmate!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!