ALEXANDER BELIAVSKY vs JOHN NUNN- Hoogovens, round 2, 1985
Today we present you the game between Beliavsky and Nunn played in Hoogovens in 1985.
The opening is the King’s Indian Defense: Saemisch Variation.
In this game, Beliavsky does not have any plan out of the opening and Nunn starts a ferocious attack on the kingside by playing 10.f5!
The attack is so strong that Black tears White apart by sacrificing a rook and keeping the initiative. Beliavsky has to resign on move 27 as White’s king has no defense and its pieces are stuck on the first ranks.
This is Nunn’s Immortal!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (41)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)