ARYAN TARI vs ALIREZA FIROUZJA – 83rd Tata Steel Masters, 2021
This game is still fresh as it was played yesterday on 19th January and just one of the greatest attacking festivals…interrupted!
We present you the game between Tari and Firouzja played at the Tata Steel Masters in 2021.
The opening is the Caro Kann: Advanced variation.
In this game, Firouzja is on the attacking mode but Tari is not willing to collapse under pressure. Firouzja sacrifice the exchange trading his rook for the bishop on move 12 to open White’s kingside and start attacking with the pieces.
The attack of Firouzja is spectactular but not perfect as Tari could play 28.kh1! to gain the upper hand but instead played 28.rxc5? and Alireza is still leading. Both players are low on time and miss their winning moves: Alireza cannot find the final crushing move 29.be2! and the players eventually agree to a draw!
Perfect match for the crowd, on a knife edge for both players!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- Sacrificing the queen casually!
- Chess analysis #8: punishing mistakes like an engine!
- Morphy’s Immortal Game
- The Immortal Sacrifice game
- Puzzle Storm
- A game or a puzzle?