ANNMARIE MUETSCH vs MAX WARMERDAM – Vergani Cup, 2021
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, chess has not ever been so popular and the quality is still good although the number of OTB tournaments is really low.
Today we present you the game between Muetsch and Warmerdam played during the Vergani Cup some days ago.
The opening is the Scotch Game: Potter Variation.
In this game, Warmerdam sacrifices the queen to protect a passed pawn and activate the bishop pair against White’s queen.
Brilliant game and perfect queen sac!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!