GEORG ROTLEWI vs AKIBA RUBINSTEIN – Lodz, 1907
This is a classic that every chess fan should know by heart.
We talk about the match between Rotlewi and Rubinstein played at Lodz in 1907 . This is considered the Rubinstein’s Immortal, and for some “sacrificing” reason.
This game features the Tarrasch Defense, Simmetrical Variation.
Rubinstein does it all perfectly: bishop pair from hell to enable a rook and a queen sacrifice to set up a perfect mating net.
Classic as it is also called “Rubinstein’s Immortal”!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!