MAX EUWE vs PAUL KERES – match 1939/40, rd 9, Amsterdam
In the best chess games ever series we must include a game from the great champion Paul Keres, who has been runner-up at the Candidates for 4 times.
Today, we present you the game between Euwe and Keres played in Amsterdam in 1940.
The opening is the Queen’s Indian Defense: Classical. Traditional Variation Main Line.
In this game, Euwe is too passive going into the middlegame and Keres takes advantage of this by activating the bishop pair. The position is quickly too bad for Euwe with Keres sacrificing the queen to stifle all White’s pieces and make Euwe resign in a few moves.
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (41)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)