MIKHAIL TAL vs BENT LARSEN – Candidates Semifinal, 1965
Here we go, we must include one game of Mikhail Tal among the best chess games ever. The Magician from Riga with his style “quantum chaos tactics galore!” as said by GM Seirawan in one of Saint Louis Chess Club’s videos.
We present you the game between Tal and Larsen from the Candidates Semifinal played in 1965.
The opening played is the Sicilian Defense: Scheveningen. Tal Variation (castling queenside, obviously).
In this game, Tal shows why he is one of the greatest attacking players of all time by sacking the knight on d5 to gain positional advantage and suffocate any initiative from Larsen.
This is Tal’s Immortal game!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!