WILHELM STEINITZ vs CURT VON BARDELEBEN – Hastings, 1895
Another classic game in the best chess games ever series, today we present you the game between Steinitz and Von Bardeleben from 1895, called also “The Battle of Hastings”.
The opening played is the Italian Game via the Greco gambit variation.
In this game, Steinitz gave the opponent and everybody a lesson on how to conduct an attack and dismantle the defense. Castling is important; in this game, Steinitz shows how to take advantage of the dark king not fully protected.
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Chess slaughtering
- Festival of tactics
- The Magnus Effect
- Sacrificing the queen casually!
- Chess analysis #8: punishing mistakes like an engine!