MAGNUS CARLSEN vs SIPKE ERNST – Corus Group C (2004), Wijk aan Zee, rd 12, 2004
2004 is the year when the world of chess discovered Magnus Carlsen as one of the greatest talents of all time and future World Champion.
Today we present you the game between Carlsen and Ernst played at Wijk aan Zee in 2004.
The opening is the Caro-Kann Defense: Classical Variation.
In this game, Carlsen starts a ferocious attack to destroy Black king’s defense.
The attack features a brilliant knight sacrifice on move 18 by Carlsen to open the files on the kingside for his rooks. Ernst is forced to resign on move 29 as there is no counterplay under the brilliant Magnus effect!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (41)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)