GLUCKSBERG vs MIGUEL NAJDORF – Warsaw, 1929
Another great champion from the past to whom a variation of the Sicilian opening is dedicated is Miguel Najdorf.
Today we present you the famous game between a man called “Glucksberg” and Najdorf played in Warsaw in 1929.
The opening is the Dutch Defense: Queen’s Knight Variation.
In this game, Najdorf sacrifices all of his 4 minor pieces to give a beautiful checkmate with a pawn in only 22 moves.
This game is also called “The Polish Immortal”.
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (41)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)