TIGRAN PETROSIAN vs LUDEK PACHMAN- Bled, round 6, 1961
We introduce another World Champion and one of the best Fischer’s opponents: “Iron” Tigran Petrosian.
Today we present you the game between Petrosian and Pachman played at the Bled torunament in 1961.
The opening is the King’s Indian Attack.
This game has been praised by Fischer himself, especially when Petrosian plays 14.nc4 to gain tempo over Black’s queen and set up a trap. Pachman wants to protect the knight on e7 but he plays the wrong move: 16.bf6? and then blunders with 17.kg7, exposing too much the king.
Petrosian sets up a mating net by sacking the queen and for Pachman is already game over on move 21.
This is a smooth game!
You can find the game below:
What you wanna do now?
- Play chess online
- Solve chess puzzles and train your endgame
- Follow my live chess streaming on Twitch
- Study my collection of the best chess games ever
- How to learn chess
- Watch chess videos on my Youtube channel
- The Polish Immortal
- Nunn’s Immortal
- Going for the mate!
- My passed pawns are too fast
- The smooth game
- Chess analysis #9: never resign and find the brilliancy!
- Best chess games 2020 (3)
- Best chess games 2021 (2)
- Best chess games ever (41)
- Chess (3)
- Chess analysis (9)